- Union Fleurs was founded in 1959 as an umbrella organisation for national associations and organisations active in the floricultural trade.
- The main purpose of Union Fleurs is to officially represent and promote the worldwide interests of traders of cut flowers, foliage & cut greens and pot plants.
- Today Union Fleurs has members in 19 countries worldwide.
- The total value of exports of cut flowers, foliage & cut greens and pot plants amounted to 10 billion EUR worldwide in 2009. Union Fleurs membership accounts for around 80% of this value and most major players in the worldwide export & import floricultural trade are represented in the organisation (e.g. the Netherlands, Colombia, Kenya, Ecuador, Germany and Italy).
- Union Fleurs cooperates on a regular basis with other international organisations involved in the floricultural sector and the agricultural trade and enjoys a longstanding relationship with AIPH, the International Association of Horticultural Producers.
- Union Fleurs is officially recognised by the European Union Institutions as the representative organisation of the floricultural trade and, as such, is regularly consulted on all matters affecting the sector (agriculture, phytosanitary, trade).
- Union Fleurs Board of Directors 2011-2012:
President: Lennart Loven (FEPEX / Spain)
Vice – President: Ralph Ruckstuhl (Association of Swiss Flower Wholesale Trade / Switzerland)
Chairman – EU Section: Jan Roelofs (BGI / Germany)
Chairman – World Trade Committee: Richard Fox (Kenya Flower Council / Kenya)
Chairman – Committee for the Americas: Ignacio Perez (Expoflores / Ecuador)
Relationships Manager: John Nevado (Expoflores / Ecuador)
Secretary General: Sylvie Mamias (representing HBAG-VGB / The Netherlands)
- The Union Fleurs office is based in Brussels since January 2011:
UNION FLEURS aisbl
Square Ambiorix 32/24
B- 1000 Brussels
T: +32 2 231 06 38
F: +32 2 732 67 66
Office hours: Mo-Th 9h-18h / Fri 9h-16h